Dear reader, I hope you had a relaxing Summer and are energized for an exciting fall season at Christie’s Paris. Please be kind to mark the following dates in your agenda:
– on 11, 12, 13, 14 & 16 September you are invited at Christie’s Paris for an exclusive first view of the highlights of our fall sales
– on 13 September we are hosting a conference about the influence of North West Coast Art on the Surrealists by Marie Mauzé, followed by a champagne reception (let me know if you want to get an invitation!)
– on 17 October we’re proud to be part of the prestigious PARIS AVANT-GARDE sale, which will include several African masterworks (among which a rediscovered Baule mask formerly in the Helena Rubinstein collection)
– the preview of the PARIS AVANT-GARDE sale takes place on 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 & 17 October
– last, but not least, on 30 October we have our main fall sale SPLENDORS, with the preview taking place on 24, 25, 26, 28 and 29 October
SPLENDORS features an exceptional private collection of North West Coast art from British Colombia, among which the Tsimshian spirit mask illustrated above. This unique group of about twenty works took the collector 30 years to assemble and brings together masterpieces from the Haida, Tlingit and neighboring peoples. All objects were meticulously selected and can be considered to be among the best of their kind. A collection of a kind that only appears on the market once every decade and we are very proud to bring it to the market. SPLENDORS as well features an exquisite selection of African and Oceanic art from a princely collection. Build by a gentleman with an incredible eye for quality, it features another twenty objects, among which several of the great icons of their type. Additionally, we’ll be presenting a select group of fresh-to-the market discoveries, including several objects formerly in the collection of Pierre Matisse. We’re currently finishing the catalog and hope to have it ready by mid-September. As always, yours truly has his hands full, but I look forwarding to welcoming you in Paris. Just drop me a line, if none of the above dates would fit in your schedule and we’ll work out a private viewing.