The top 10 (out of 174) of the most popular blog posts of 2014:
- Postcard of the day: a Loango market stall with Kongo-derived art for tourists, ca. 1910
- R.I.P. Jean Willy Mestach (1926-2014)
- Ethnographic Museum Antwerp Collection Online
- “In Pursuit of Record Prices”: The Myron Kunin Collection at Sotheby’s New York (11 November 2014)
- Parcours des Mondes 2014 review
- Caveat emptor: a Pende mask from Picasso’s collection ?
- Tweeting about African art
- Parcours des Mondes 2014
- Back at the office
- Three Dutch ethnographic museums merge
My favorite book published last year was Claude-Henri Pirat’s Du Fleuve Niger Au Fleuve Congo – Une Aventure Africaine and the strongest exhibition I personally visited was Martin Doustar‘s Golgotha. What are your picks ?